This popular patron of Trinity Square has watched the rush square for hundreds of years.

Forum or Theatrum - these were the names of today's Trinity Square in the 16th century. In the 15th century, the Forum was filling the role of the central town market. This was the time, when the space of St.  Nicolas Square was no longer sufficient. The square has also been a traditional place where citizens could meet and chat.

In the 17th century, Trinity Square got a new peerless landmark  - the baroque Holy Trinity Column.  It was created by master J.K. Khien in 1695. The square base bears the sculptures of  St.  Florian, St.  Agatha, St.  Anthony of Padua and St.  Francis Xavier. Although the sculpture was originally intended to depict four saints, another one was added - St.  Rosalia, the patron against plague. In the middle of the sculpture, the coats of arms of Trnava, Hungary, Immaculata, and bishop Štefan Dolný were placed.

After the world war II the socialist regime brought a surprising verdict regarding the future of the "Trinity". The "Trinity" was relocated to the corner of the square, however, in 1949 it was dismantled, disassembled and stored in several places - allegedly due to bad condition of the sculpture and damaged stone. However, after the revolution, the citizens of Trnava decided to return this famous landmark to its original place. The unveiling ceremony took place on November 21, 1993.

See the map

Súsošie Najsvätejšej trojice
Trojičné námesite, Trnava